Erlend Sigvaldsen has been partner in NCG since 1989, and his first assignment was a mid-term review of Grameen Bank. His educational background is finance and economics. Sigvaldsen has worked with all phases of development project/programme work, including identification, planning, design, feasibility, appraisal, evaluations, reviews and completion assessments. Clients include private companies, multi-/bilateral donors, ministries, NGOs and other civil society organisations.
Recent work includes:
- Evaluations of all types, whether large multi-thematic assessments, or smaller specialised impact evaluations.
- Business planning, investment analysis, industrial sector/value chain analysis, financial management and corporate planning
- Design and planning of international projects, in particular within private sector development, small enterprise business creation, microfinance and development banking.
- Education analysis, including policy development, evaluation, sector analysis/planning, impact assessments, and cost/financial analysis.
- Pro-poor housing development, in particular within end-user finance solutions, like micro-mortgage structures.
- Extensive experience with financial analysis, cost-benefit analysis, forecast models, and socio-economic appraisals.
- Siviløkonom, NHH Bergen 1982. (MBA equivalent)
|Thematic experience||Technical Experience|
|• Private sector develepment||• Evaluation/reviews|
|• Pro-poor finance||• Project management and monitoring|
|• Entrepreneurship creation||• Financial and investment analysis|
|• Education analysis||• Sector analysis; public and private.|
Austria, Bangladesh, Bosnia, China, Croatia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Mongolia, Nepal, Norway, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Serbia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, USA, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe.